Yogurt. Simple.

Whole plain cream-top yogurt, sweetened with liquid stevia and vanilla extract to taste. Toss in some fresh berries and nom.
Where better to start a food blog than at breakfast? So I took this shot of what I ate this morning. That Cassius. What a riot. Anyway...

Brown Cow is not an organic yogurt, but whatever they do to theirs makes it better than any I've tasted. Of the plain yogurts I've tried, it is the least bitter, and the cream on top cuts even more away from that bitterness you'd expect.

I see a lot of PR for low fat dairy as a part of a healthy diet, but I think it may be wise to consider it's more in the market's better interest than ours. Fat that has been removed from milk can be used to make butter and other dairy products, which is overall better for the industry's bottom line, but maybe not so good for your heart.

Here's an article with an interesting take on breakfast in general (milk included): http://www.westonaprice.org/modern-foods/567-dirty-secrets-of-the-food-processing-industry

I hope you like text!

Also, I'd be wary of the latest "probiotic" craze. Yes, live cultures are good for you. No, putting them in every crap food product doesn't magically transform it into something healthy. A good plain whole fat yogurt, acidophilus supplement, or kombucha tea is probably best for happy guts.

Idontknowhowtoendblogs,
-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment