Almond Butter Turkey Bacon Quesadilla

What a mouthful. What a delicious, delicious mouthful. I can't believe I ate this today. Oh God. It was too much. Too glorious. Too...

About 1½ tbsp raw almond butter
About 1½ tsp agave nectar
A dash of cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
1 strip of free-range turkey bacon
1 brown rice tortilla
Butter or margarine (optional)

1. Mix the almond butter, agave, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
2. Cook the bacon to desired burntitude, cut into pieces. Set aside.
3. Butter the tortilla and heat. (I cook on iron. Feel free to omit the buttering if you dont.)
4. Add the almond butter mixture and bacon, fold in half and cook until your psyche feels satisfied with the gesture.
5. Eat carefully.
Alternatively named: The Gluten-Free Heart Attack. I ate this with some fresh veggies and fruit in an effort to apologize.

Meat and starch is not a good combination for anyone who hopes to be kind to their digestive system, so it's not normally a thing that I do, but I had to try it at least once while all these things were in my kitchen. Hours later I still feel a bit greasy inside. Definitely not going to fry anything else for a couple days.

-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment