Green Drank

Perhaps you've heard of the infamous green drink. "SUPERFOODS" is a great buzzword traveling around these days, and green drinks are supposedly full of 'em.

1 scoop Green Vibrance
½ cup unsweetened soy milk
7 drops liquid stevia extract
Vanilla extract to taste
6-8 oz distilled water
Lots of ice
If you haven't had a green drink before, it's pretty understandable. Vegetable juices never held much appeal for me. I started reading about the possible benefits of green drinks for someone with my particular health concerns, and was sold on the idea but not the taste. Finally, health food store employees managed to trick me into thinking I liked it by adding apple juice to their samples and forgetting to mention it. Sneaky.

So I went ahead and bought the $50 jar of green stuff, determined to make it taste drinkable, if it was truly going to be as wonderful as all the hippies made it out to be. Turns out they are onto something. My insides are definitely happier when I drink it every day than when I don't at all. Two a day makes me start to feel like a decent human again, but honestly, I just can't afford that. So periodically I treat myself to a week or so of slightly improved health before I turn back into a broke, bedridden pumpkin.

Something about those superfoods makes it truly super. I highly recommend having a green drink every day, for anyone who wants to be healthy, and especially for anyone who is sick. For me it really seems to help.

Green Drink! AWAY!

-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment