Enthusiam Salad

Like any skinny cultureless white lady, I love me some salad. In fact, this is exactly what I look like every time it (salad) happens.

"Um? Carol's had like six distilled waters since we got here. Maybe we should cut her off."
When I tell anyone that I'm embarking on a diet which restricts sugar, wheat, dairy, eggs, pork, peanuts, shellfish and most fruit... A common question pops up: "What can you eat?"

The answer? Salad. Lots of it.

A handful of bagged baby lettuce mix
A handful of bagged baby spinach
2 mini sweet peppers
Part of an English cucumber
A handful of raw sunflower seeds
Top with combination of olive oil, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, salt, pepper
Consume. With enthusiasm!
I typically also like to crumble a rice cake or Sunshine patty over the top for a little more substance, or add avocado if there happens to be one in the kitchen. Hella good.

Go have a salad! Fatty.
-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment